Thread: Water Quality-Using Multi Trace Function

Water Quality-Using Multi Trace Function

Hello,

I am having trouble setting up a multi trace for my ground water model. I have 10 wells which are represent as reservoir in the model. I would like to see the percentage of water from each wells that is feeding my demand nodes graphically.

Innovyze Employee

10 wells (reservoir) should be in a domain or selection set, and then use the option of domain or selection set. If you have additional inquiry information, please send it to support@innovzye.com.

Is there a way to display the reach of each source graphically? Although there is an added output row, the results cannot be selected using the map display tool for junctions. It would be cool to run an animation with this information displayed.
    Last edited by Darrell D; October 9, 2014 at 06:07 AM.

I usually use GIS to present this...copy the output results over to Excel, get it into a DBF or something ArcMap can read, join it to an export of the Junctions by model ID, then display using quantity coloring. For multi-trace, you can either use each of the several fields to calculate which is the primary source and color by that or just add a layer for each source, with transparency, and coloring by intensity. You can also use some of the more advanced GIS tools to develop a raster with the sources..can be another look that may be useful. I'm guessing something similar could be done with QGIS if you don't have ArcMap available.

You could do this in Innovyze software as well by making background shapefiles to add to the model directly (at least for H2OMap).