Thread: Separate model network branches

Separate model network branches

Hi
    I don’t have a lot of experience with ICM and in my current project during the process of work I have created a lot of branches to the initial model network. The branch model networks have different changes applied to them and in a way they should be individual networks and not a branch or sub-branch to the initial one.
    Is there a way I can separate them from the initial network model or copy them to upper level?
    Thanks
    Anna

Innovyze Employee

What is the ICM version you are using? Does the "branches" mean children of the initial model network?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Huang View Post
    What is the ICM version you are using? Does the "branches" mean children of the initial model network?
    I am using ICM 4.0. I created branches by going through the commitment history of a particular model network and click on "branch". I believe in this context "branches" mean children of the initial model network.

Innovyze Employee

The branch network can be copied to upper level, but its parent networks are also copied over, as the branch network is built upon its parent network.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Huang View Post
    The branch network can be copied to upper level, but its parent networks are also copied over, as the branch network is built upon its parent network.
    I realised that the connections with the parrents network are strong and not reversable. Therefore I started from the beginnig and created more meaningfull structure. I was just hoping that there may be easier way. Now I know that there ins't.
    Thank you.