Thread: Trace between two points (upstream & downstream)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trace between two points (upstream & downstream)

I want to create specific profiles of sewer networks between two points. I know you can trace upstream, or trace downstream, but is there an option to trace between two points? This will save me a significant amount of time so I don't have to select several hundred pipe segments by hand.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Richard (Csan),

Can you verify which software product your question is related to? The answer is unfortunately almost always highly dependent on which product you are currently using. (InfoSewer?, InfoSWMM, InfoWorks ICM?, XPSWMM?)

Thank You

Patrick Moore

Note: In InfoSewer & InfoSWMM, (and even InfoWater although it is harder to get a specific single path in a water model due to all the possible connections) in the domain Manager there is an option to select to the domain a "Network Path" which may be of assistance to you. When you select the "Network Path" option and press "Add", you will select two node (i.e. point elements like junctions or manholes) and the software will find a path of connected pipes between the two nodes selected and add them to the domain. It will select a pipeline pathway between two junctions selected and save them into the domain. With that domain specified you should be able to create your profile without having to select the pipes manually.
    How to use Network Path in the Domain Manager
    (click if need larger image)
    Network Path Domain Manager.png

Quote Originally Posted by Csan View Post
    I want to create specific profiles of sewer networks between two points. I know you can trace upstream, or trace downstream, but is there an option to trace between two points? This will save me a significant amount of time so I don't have to select several hundred pipe segments by hand.
    Last edited by Patrick Moore; February 14, 2020 at 08:15 AM.