Thread: Where do you find the Demand Allocator tool?

Where do you find the Demand Allocator tool?

Hi,

I'm setting up a model, so far I have my junctions, pipes. I have my demand data in an address point shapefile that I am looking to allocate to the Junctions. I know there is a Demand Allocation Manager but can't seem to locate it. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
    Last edited by SShaif; November 28, 2018 at 09:27 AM.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Shathli,

The Demand Allocator tool is included with any standard Suite or executive suite license of InfoWater. As long as you have a suite version of the software of any type checked out you should have access to the demand allocator tool. I looked up the City of Vaughan licenses and you appear to have a standard suite InfoWater license and should have access to this tool. All you need to run this tool is to have the "InfoSuite Allocator" toolbar checked on.
    The InfoSuite Allocator toolbar looks like this:
    (click if need a larger image)
    Allocator toolbar.jpg

If you don't see the toolbar then you want to go to the InfoWater menu and under the Tools menu select the "Add On Extension Manager" and then select the "Allocator tool (should be the first one you see). But be careful this basically toggles the toolbar on and off so once you have the toolbar up, you simply just need to use the toolbar to use it.

Here is where the Allocator tool resides in the Add On Extension Manager pop-up window:
    (click if need larger image)
    Allocator-Add On.jpg

If you do not see any off the add-on modules and are using a suite license then it is likely that the check-boxes that tell the software what to use during installation may not have been properly set up. You would have wanted to have the "Suite Extension" checkbox checked during installation. If your list off Add-ons is blank, then close the model and search in the Start Menu for the "InfoWater Extended module Configurator" (Note you will need Admin Privileges to run this tool) and it will rerun the portion of the installer that had these check boxes.

Finding the InfoWater Extended Module Configurator:
    (click if need a large image)
    Finding the InfoWater Extended Module Configurator.jpg

When you run this tool Make sure to select both the PZM and Suite Extensions check boxes for a standard suite license:
    (click if need a larger image)
    InfoWater Extensions.jpg

Once completed you should reopen and initialize your model and should now have access to the Demand Allocator toolbar as noted above as long as you are using a suite license of any level (standard or executive).

Please respond here if you have any difficulties with this process.

Patrick Moore

Quote Originally Posted by SShaif View Post
    Hi,

I'm setting up a model, so far I have my junctions, pipes. I have my demand data in an address point shapefile that I am looking to allocate to the Junctions. I know there is a Demand Allocation Manager but can't seem to locate it. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
    Last edited by Patrick Moore; December 3, 2018 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks for the detailed reponse Patrick. I do have the suite, but it turns out the Addons are something that IT needs to install.