Thread: ArcGIS software installation required for Infoworks

Question ArcGIS software installation required for Infoworks

Hello,

I am very new to Infoworks modeling. My company gave me a computer with the software installed, however, I believe that my laptop does not have ArcGIS installed. Do I need ArcGIS installed on my computer to import GIS files into Infoworks?

I received a message saying " Unable to obtain an ArcGIS Engine License.ArcGIS License Error: Compatible product not installed. Compatible versions of ArcGIS/ArcGIS Enginer are 10.0 to 10.5...etc.." I was trying to import a GIS file.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Quote Originally Posted by BellM View Post
    Hello,

I am very new to Infoworks modeling. My company gave me a computer with the software installed, however, I believe that my laptop does not have ArcGIS installed. Do I need ArcGIS installed on my computer to import GIS files into Infoworks?

I received a message saying " Unable to obtain an ArcGIS Engine License.ArcGIS License Error: Compatible product not installed. Compatible versions of ArcGIS/ArcGIS Enginer are 10.0 to 10.5...etc.." I was trying to import a GIS file.
    Hello BellM,
    Are you using the 32 bit version of ICM? Do you have Arc Engine as the selection in your Geoplan under Tools/Options and what version of ArcEngne do you have on your PC?

Regards,
    Robert Dickinson
    2018-11-11_1650.png