Thread: Modelling Combined Outfalls

Modelling Combined Outfalls

Hi,

I am modelling a sewage network and WwTP arrangement in Infoworks ICM. Initially I modelled 3 outfalls at the WwTP (high level emergency overflow at inlet pump station, storm pumps at inlet pump station and an overflow from a storm tank). This worked fine with no flooding in the network.

I was then instructed to combine the 3 outfalls into one as per the image attached. When I do this I get flooding throughout the network. There is also negative flow in the emergency overflow pipeline. When I put a flap valve on the end of this pipe it cleared the network of flooding.

Can someone explain to me what is happening here?

Thanks

Kind Regards,
    Gearoid
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Modelling Combined Outfalls

It looks like your "outfall" isn't an outfall,flow will be controlled by the link downstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearoid O Sullivan View Post
    Hi,

I am modelling a sewage network and WwTP arrangement in Infoworks ICM. Initially I modelled 3 outfalls at the WwTP (high level emergency overflow at inlet pump station, storm pumps at inlet pump station and an overflow from a storm tank). This worked fine with no flooding in the network.

I was then instructed to combine the 3 outfalls into one as per the image attached. When I do this I get flooding throughout the network. There is also negative flow in the emergency overflow pipeline. When I put a flap valve on the end of this pipe it cleared the network of flooding.

Can someone explain to me what is happening here?

Thanks

Kind Regards,
    Gearoid