Thread: 2D Domain. Maxumum Resuts extraction to GIS

2D Domain. Maxumum Resuts extraction to GIS

Hello.
    I am trying to export maximum flooding extents on the 2D domain to GIS to incorporate into a report. I have tried the Results>Export Maximum to GIS (and selecting all of the tick boxes, however it doesnot export the 2D flood extents. Any ideas how to export these maximum extents?
    Thanks,
    Mike.

Mike,

Try going under Tools, XP2D Utility Interface, 2D Results to GIS (tab). I usually change the output properties format to ESRI ASCII grid (you'll get a raster which you can change to a polygon in GIS - I've tried to export to shapefile type before but it never worked for me), select type Depth, and check the Max box. You can also change the grid size if you want/need to.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

FYI: I am going to move this thread to the Wastewater forum as it is more relevant to that forum.

The function is well built and easy to use

Quote Originally Posted by Michael.Arnott View Post
    Hello.
    I am trying to export maximum flooding extents on the 2D domain to GIS to incorporate into a report. I have tried the Results>Export Maximum to GIS (and selecting all of the tick boxes, however it doesnot export the 2D flood extents. Any ideas how to export these maximum extents?
    Thanks,
    Mike.
    Mike,
    The steps below can give you what you after:
    Results/Export maxima to GIS/To SHP/Drag in the completed Sim/ok/Table/2D Elements/ok/Export selected table only/OK

Good luck,
    Lei