Hello all,
The initial ICM model (2D rain on mesh w/ storm drains), which did not have any vertices at the street corners removed (so essentially just the raw planimetrics data) failed and I was told that the issue resides in the fact that there were too many vertices at the street corners within my geometry and I needed to simplify the geometry somehow. I have read the "Tips for a good meshing experience" which describe GIS simplification tool to do this, however, when I apply this to the planimetric data (which contains the edge of roads, buildings, perious/impervious areas, etc), it seems to create a lots of small slivers between the polygons within my planimetrics shapefile. The area I'm modeling is several hundred acres and has a large amount of city blocks, so really need an automated process to remove the extra vertices without creating smaller slivers within the overall shapefile.

I wanted to see how everyone else removes extraneous vertices at street corners without creating small slivers between polygons (if you simply use the simplify tool, are there any additional steps taken before running simplify on planimetrics data, etc). Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks!