Thread: InfoWater GobalDemandMultiplier being ignored?

Question InfoWater GobalDemandMultiplier being ignored?

Ver 12.4 update#4

Anyone else having these issues or have any suggestions.?

The GDM in Sim Op seems to now be ignored by the Analysis Engine, in our models
    (also the Trials and Accuracy settings)

GDM in the HYDQUA.RPT shows as 1.000 (and confirmed by looked at Demand OUTPUT graphs)
    yet in the Infowater Sim Op (and the ~INP file) it is 2.765

Is there a default setting someplace?

:|

TIA
    Stewart. NZ
    Stewart.
    S w Sargent, Services Development Engineer, Marlborough District Council, New Zealand.
    (40 years of modelling in 4 countries, thus far , and still learning)

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Stewart,

Greetings to you!

I just re-downloaded and re-applied the latest InfoWater 12.4 update 4 as of 7-17-18 Link: InfoWater/Suite 12.4 Update 4 for ArcGIS 10.0-10.6 (219.97 MB), 06/29/2018

I did this to test the exact version shown on our web page as of today's date.

Using this version and the sample model I was able to run a test with a Global Demand Multiplier of 1 and with a value of 2.

Results for Demand Multiplier of 1

The Global Demand multiplier is on the demand tab of the simulation options And was first verified to be set at a value of 1 as shown.

Using a Full Status report the summary report table confirmed the Demand Multiplier used as 1.00

With this demand multiplier the peak demand was around 1,100 gpm
    Results (click if need larger image)
    Demand_multiplier_1.jpg

Results for Demand Multiplier of 2:

The Global Demand multiplier is on the demand tab of the simulation options And was first verified to be set at a value of 2 as shown.

Using a Full Status report the summary report table confirmed the Demand Multiplier used as 2.00

With this demand multiplier the peak demand was around 2,200 gpm

We also checked the EPANET input file used for this scenario and in the [OPTIONS] section it correctly used the "DEMAND Multiplier 2.000000" as expected.

Results (click if need larger image)
    Demand_multiplier_2.jpg

As a further test I reset the demand multiplier to 3.5 and observed expected results. I then reset everything back to 1 again and obtained results identical to what was seen with the demand multiplier at 1. This appears to confirm the latest InfoWater 12.4 update 4 (as of 7-17-18) on our website appears to have the demand multiplier function all working as expected.

We are not exactly sure what was occurring in what you were examining (it is difficult to confirm without seeing the model itself), but we suggest you re-download the latest update and retest as from this test everything appears to be running exactly as expected and both the results and the EPANET input file are all showing as expected regarding the global demand multiplier.

If you still appear to have issues after re-running the update, please email us at support@innovyze.com and mention this thread and we can send you an upload link for your model to run a test on your specific model.

Patrick Moore

Greetings and thanks Patrick.
    Shawn send some updates
    Problem all fixed now.
    Stewart