Thread: Lower pressure when exporting InfoWater to EPANET

Lower pressure when exporting InfoWater to EPANET

Hi all,

I'm trying to export our Infowater model to EPANET. All parameters from output data are the same (actual demand, total head, flow, velocity, headloss), but pressure in EPANET is about 20 psi lower. any idea why?

Thanks

Sheyda

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Sheyda,

Are you using a VSP pump control or other feature not currently in EPANET? If your InfoWater model was using an implicit VSP control your EPANET results could differ from InfoWater when run in EPANET directly. There are also certain features like a float valve that are not in InfoWater that could impact an EPANET export run. Look at your message board when you export the model to EPANET to see any messages that arise which would indicate key things changed. But things liek Float valves that are not in EPANET do not get exported to EPANET and can impact results. VSP pumps would get exported as a regular pump but would not operate the same way as InfoWater would.

As a simple check look at facilities where the pressures are low and compare Tank Levels and pump station flows to see what is causing the differences. I highly suspect your differences are due to one of the non-EPANET features not getting exported causing the differences.

If you have further questions please reply to this thread.

Patrick Moore

Patrick,

Pumps are "standard Non-VSP" in InfoWater. I changed the status of VFCs in EPANET and got the same pressure as InfoWater.

Thanks a bunch for your help!