Thread: How to Remove Annotations

How to Remove Annotations

So I have a model in which I have added a Fire Flow "Available Flow at Hydrant" annotations but I moved a couple of those Fire Hydrant nodes and re-run the model. Now, the annotation for the previous location is still showing on the model together with that of the new location. How do I get the previous annotations off since its misrepresenting the results.

Thanks

Innovyze Employee

Quote Originally Posted by D.Assan View Post
    So I have a model in which I have added a Fire Flow "Available Flow at Hydrant" annotations but I moved a couple of those Fire Hydrant nodes and re-run the model. Now, the annotation for the previous location is still showing on the model together with that of the new location. How do I get the previous annotations off since its misrepresenting the results.

Thanks
    Hello,
    You should be able to simply redo or refresh the annotation based on the new simulation results.
    Regards,
    Robert Dickinson
    Innovyze Inc.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

David,

Annotations are a pretty old school method to use in InfoWater that comes form the old H20NET days where annotation was how you had to label almost everything. But in InfoWater an annotation layer is created and is added as a non-smart one off type layer that is simply turned on and off in the table of contents. Because of this methodology the user has to "refresh" annotation to get things to update. But to turn off an "annotation layer is simply to just uncheck that layer form being shown in the table of contents.

If you use the Map Display this is a real time connected data that will update automatically after another run is completed. Unlike Annotations the Map display is updated automatically as output changes, but Annotations can be very useful in certain circumstances and so were left in the model software. Just make sure to know how to turn them on or off and how to update them if you use annotations.

Annotation image in InfoWater
    (click if need larger image)
    Annotation.jpg

Patrick Moore

Innovyze Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Moore View Post
    David,

Annotations are a pretty old school method to use in InfoWater that comes form the old H20NET days where annotation was how you had to label almost everything. But in InfoWater an annotation layer is created and is added as a non-smart one off type layer that is simply turned on and off in the table of contents. Because of this methodology the user has to "refresh" annotation to get things to update. But to turn off an "annotation layer is simply to just uncheck that layer form being shown in the table of contents.

If you use the Map Display this is a real time connected data that will update automatically after another run is completed. Unlike Annotations the Map display is updated automatically as output changes, but Annotations can be very useful in certain circumstances and so were left in the model software. Just make sure to know how to turn them on or off and how to update them if you use annotations.

Annotation image in InfoWater
    (click if need larger image)
    Annotation.jpg

Patrick Moore
    Thank you Patrick!