Thread: PRV Related Queries InfoWorks WS 14.5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PRV Related Queries InfoWorks WS 14.5

Hi All,

I hope, you are in good health and spirit.

System Description: OS: Windows 7 Enterprise; InfoWorks WS 14.5

Project Scope: Objective is to tap into a treated effluent line (at 6 bar pressure) and discharge to a 360 m3 volume tank. The discharge has to be done within first 8 hours of the day i.e. required discharge rate 12.5 l/sec. The given pipe size is (102.2 mm) and velocity criteria is (max 1.6 m/sec).

To regulate the flow, a PRV is considered along with a float valve at the tank. The PRV is set to a fixed ratio of 0.5 (50% reduction relative to u/s node) Initially, due to the high head differences between PRV nodes, model flow exceeded expected flow rate (25 l/sec as opposed to 12.5 l/sec). To introduce headloss at PRV, valve curve loss coefficient multiplier is set at 250. It seems, as the tank fills up and float valve starts to shut down the flow; there is a spike in pressure at the control node (d/s of PRV). Is this an instability issue? Any solution to address the issue?

Since my experience with Infoworks WS is limited, I am trying to figure out how to conduct a steady state simulation. Innovyze's website description states it is doable with InfoWorks WS. However, I have checked the help file, user interface and couldn't find any means to do the steady state simulation. I'll appreciate your input in this regard. My version of InfoWorks WS is 14.5.

With kind regards,

Imtiaz

PS: Is there a way to upload the model (size beyond 97 kb limit for .zip) for more in-depth investigation?

Control_Node_22_Pressure_EPS.jpgPRV_Valve_Parameter.jpgPRV_Valve_Control.jpg

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Imtiaz,

If you have a current Active InfoCare (Annual Maintenance) for your InfoWorks software, you can contact us at
    support@innovyze.com for a more in depth investigation. Our Support team can then send you a upload link to upload your model. If you do go that route, please refer to this thread in the forum in your email.

Patrick Moore

Thanks Mr. Moore. I'll follow-up.

Regards,

Imtiaz