Thread: Map Display Questions (Potential InfoWater 12.4 issues?)

Map Display Questions (Potential InfoWater 12.4 issues?)

I got some bugs using InfoWater v12.4

When I want to plot water age, the palette only has 2 colors (1 break). When I try to get additional breaks it always goes back to the default 1 break
    I cannot change the color of the first break
    The tank level plot shows does not show water level changes.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Vladimir,

Without seeing your model it is hard to say what is occurring, but we ran a few tests here and we cannot confirm any software issues here:

These are from InfoWater 12.4 update 2:

Tank Level changes:
    (click if need larger image)

InfoWater124002-Tank Level Change.png

Water Age Color coding:
    InfoWater- Set Breaks.png

If you are not on the latest version of the software please update to the latest found on our software update page: http://www.innovyze.com/updates/

As of today's date that is InfoWater 12.4 update 2: Here is the current update link:
    InfoWater/Suite 12.4

If you cannot set breaks on the Map Display make sure there is variance in the data. If your data values stay constant it will recognize that and not allow more breaks than there is variance in the data.

As far as the tank level, I suggest you look at what is controlling the Tank water level (demands, control setpoints, etc) because if it is not changing it is because that is what the model is calculating and is not a software issue.

Patrick Moore

Thank you.

I attach a video showing the bug (water age only shows 2 breaks). I attach a link because the video is quite big (90MB)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SJY...ew?usp=sharing

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Vladimir,

You only have values that are zero in your water age results because you selected water age values at hour zero of your Model Explorer. The Model Explorer only shows the results of the current hour selected in the Map Display for results that are not "statistical" type (Ave, Min, Max).

Since all of your values at hour zero for water age are "zero" there can only be two vales shown in the classification. You have less than zero and greater than zero. This is what I tried to explain before that if you do not have values or all your values are a single value you may not be able to change the classification beyond 2. This is just something built in that will not let you add more classifications if the values are all of one value.

In my example below because I have an initial water age of 0.5 at one location I get initially 3 values in the classification. But if you choose a Water age statistical property you can see those results regardless of what hour is shown in the Model Explorer. But the Map display essentially can only show the values you see in the model explorer which are tied to the specific hour of results you are viewing and the output type you are presenting. If you stayed on hour zero in the model explorer and clicked on nodes in your network, all would show water age values of zero and this is what is reflected in the map display results. As noted, this is not an error in the model results, it is just showing you what the water age values are at the hour you selected which are all zero at hour zero of the simulation.

(click if need a larger image)
    Map Display - Parameters.jpg

If you look at what happens when I change the model explorer to 24 hours I now see many more results for water age and I can choose as many classifications as I desire:
    (click if need a larger image)
    Map Display - Classifications.jpg

For Water age (or any WQ property) you need to let the system reach a steady state of repeating values to get meaningful results. Most people wait until all the tanks in the system have reached a steady repeating pattern and then average the results for the final 24-48 hours or so as no water age value will generally go to a single value at steady conditions, but usually will be a steady repeating pattern of values. One easy way to get these average values is to first find how long you need to run the model to reach the steady state repeating values, and then to rerun the model but only have the reporting start at the beginning of the 24-48 hour period you want to see results for. The statistical values the model will show will then only be for the period that was reported and you can use the average water age to get the results you wish to see.

So for example, if you had to run 7 day run (168 hours) but wanted the report to only show the last 24 hours you would select the report start to begin at 144 hours. This would then run a 7 day analysis, but would only show results for the final 24 hours. NOTE: make sure your rule timestep and Quality timestep are always 1/10th the hydraulic timestep in order to get the most accurate results.
    simulation time - last 24 hrs for wq.png

Have a great day.