Thread: Tools for parsing exported data (HYQ/C1D files)?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tools for parsing exported data (HYQ/C1D files)?

Hello, I'm using InfoWorks and I'm trying to deal with a large volume of exported data in HYQ and C1D formats. Is there any documentation of the structure of these files that might allow me to parse them in Excel? Alternatively, is there any dedicated tool for reading data in these kinds of files?

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Hi, If you send your licence number to support@innovyze.com, the support team will be able to provide the format of those files. I'm aware of dedicated tools to read the data but those are usually proprietry software developed in-house by various consultants.

Tools for parsing exported data (HYQ/C1D files)

Quote Originally Posted by khanley View Post
    Hello, I'm using InfoWorks and I'm trying to deal with a large volume of exported data in HYQ and C1D formats. Is there any documentation of the structure of these files that might allow me to parse them in Excel? Alternatively, is there any dedicated tool for reading data in these kinds of files?
    HYQ files are space delimited text, from memory the format was described somewhere in the HydroWorks documentation but it shouldnt be too difficult to work out.

Alternatively the data can be exported in CSV format.