Thread: XPSWMM - Unusual 2D grid Values

XPSWMM - Unusual 2D grid Values

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone is able to offer any advice as to why XPSWMM would generate unusual -99999 1D inactive domain grid depth values at the first timestep of a simulation, please see the attached image below, this error occurs at various random locations throught my inactive area.

Am I likely setting up the model incorectly .

Image1.jpg

Cheers

Innovyze Employee

Quote Originally Posted by jaypappa View Post
    Hi,

I am wondering if anyone is able to offer any advice as to why XPSWMM would generate unusual -99999 1D inactive domain grid depth values at the first timestep of a simulation, please see the attached image below, this error occurs at various random locations throught my inactive area.

Am I likely setting up the model incorectly .

Image1.jpg

Cheers
    Hello, I have some feedback from XPSWMM Support - From the Tuflow
    User Manual

TUFLOW uses the -99999 value as an internal code to indicatevalues which are not directly entered by the user, but inferred from othersources of data. If your search the document for “-99999” it shows up in manyinstances. For example, page 5-9, Table 5-1 has an instance in which the -99999value is used when the user doesn’t explicitly define the invert elevations fora channel and the inverts are obtained from the channel cross-sections.

You mention inactive areas, so there might be data associated with those areaswhich he has not entered, and TUFLOW enters the value of “-99999” since it isinferring them from other data. You do not need to worry about the depth valueof -99999 being used, it is just an internal code used by TUFLOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Dickinson View Post
    Hello, I have some feedback from XPSWMM Support - From the Tuflow
    User Manual

TUFLOW uses the -99999 value as an internal code to indicatevalues which are not directly entered by the user, but inferred from othersources of data. If your search the document for “-99999” it shows up in manyinstances. For example, page 5-9, Table 5-1 has an instance in which the -99999value is used when the user doesn’t explicitly define the invert elevations fora channel and the inverts are obtained from the channel cross-sections.

You mention inactive areas, so there might be data associated with those areaswhich he has not entered, and TUFLOW enters the value of “-99999” since it isinferring them from other data. You do not need to worry about the depth valueof -99999 being used, it is just an internal code used by TUFLOW.
    Hi, Thankyou for explaining and clearing up this issue.

Cheers

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

We are going to move this thread to the Wastewater forum as it is more relevant there.

Patrick Moore