Thread: Standard Run Map Display Not Coinciding with Output

Standard Run Map Display Not Coinciding with Output

I am having some output issues when i run a standard analysis. The actual output data is spitting out pressures that I would expect (40-60psi range) but when i apply a map display parameter for junctions its showing a lot of pressures in the system are below 15 psi. This 15psi doesnt show up at all during the 24 hour run in the output information. Any ideas on what might be going wrong? On a side note when i run a fire flow analysis nothing out of the ordinary occurs...

Thanks

I am running Version 12.2 Update #2 if that matters.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Brian,

Make sure you have the "Refresh Output" checked in the Model Explorer and that your current active output source in the Model Explorer shows as the same run type you want to display (Active:Standard for a Standard run Manager tab run or Active :Fireflow for fireflow).

What likely happened is that at some point you had the "Refresh Output" un-checked and it created a disconnect between what is the current output and what it thinks is the current output type. Since the Map display basically runs a routine to update the JCTOUT, PIPEOUT, PUMPOUT, VALVEOUT, TANKOUT, and RESOUT files in your .IWDB folder for that model it has to switch the fields used for different types of runs. This is what the "Refresh Output" essentially does and why you see the "Do you want to switch the latest output message periodically. When you select "yes" that you want to switch to the most recent output data popup this clears the OUT files used by the Map Display and writes the current output that is reflected in the active output indicated in the Model explorer for the specific time noted in the Model explorer. This is necessary for different type of output runs as each uses different field names.

When you rerun the same type of analysis the OUT files are updated automatically. If something causes a disconnect to occur between what it thinks the current run is and what the actual run was the files may not update correctly and the map display can appear to not display results as expected.

If these are not matching or the Map Display is not working as expected try the following

1) Verify the "Refresh Output" is checked
    2) Try deleting the current Output source in the run manager (Force Reset)
    3) Try running a different type of analysis (If can't see fireflow run a standard run and then rerun the fireflow). Make sure you select Yes when it asks about Switching to the most recent output data
    4) Lastly try switching scenarios and running the model and then switching back

Usually one of these things will get the OUT files re-matching the current run output type and all will be well.

Key file settings and how to fix the Map Display
    (click if need larger image)
    Map Display Key Elements.jpg

Please feel free to reply here if you still have issues, but this generally fixes most things. Usually this occurs primarily because the Refresh Output is unchecked.

Patrick Moore

The output and force reset was it. Something so easy! Thanks

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Brian,

So glad that helped!

Knowing how this tool works and these couple of hints when things get disconnected are often super helpful.

Glad this helped!

Patrick Moore
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian-GHA View Post
    The output and force reset was it. Something so easy! Thanks