Thread: ICM Multiple cross-sections

ICM Multiple cross-sections

It would be useful to be able to see several cross-sections (all those on a reach or a bridge, for example) superimposed (all but current one greyed out, maybe) to help you spot sillinesses - they do occur, and visually is the easiest way to spot them.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Thanks for the suggestion Kristian. In this case I don't think the suggested functionality would be that useful, it would look a bit of a mess with a number of cross-sections (or I assume correctly river sections) are superimposed on each other particularly if the river cross-section varies in width. Probably the most important discrepancy to look out for is sudden changes in the gradient in particular steps in the bed profile. Therefore, one of the most useful tools to check for discrepancies is the long section profile. You also have the 3D view (you can turn the ground model display off) to look at a 3D representation of the river sections.

Thanks, Duncan. I used to find it quite helpful in Mike-11 on river reaches. It wasn't that messy, and did make it easy to spot oddities, accidental daft edits etc. that may look OK on an individual cross section. In ICM, I would find it helpful in bridges as well, to be able to see that contraction and expansion sections do actually do what they are supposed to (i.e. expand and contract relative to the upstream and downstream sections).