Thread: HYDQUA.OUT files

HYDQUA.OUT files

Hi,
    I have a fairly large model of approximately 3819 network links. When I run a simulation over several days its creating a huge HYDQUA.OUT file. About 80GB!
    Is this normal? The model run finishes but disk space is very low causing issues with graphs and other programs.

My system:
    Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-4790 CPU@3.6GHz
    Installed memory (RAM) - 32GB
    Operating System - 64-bit
    Disk Drive - SAMSUNG SSD 2.5 SCSI Disk Drive

I'm looking for some suggestions. Also can the HYDQUA.OUT files be deleted to free up space?

Thanks
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Healz View Post
    Hi,
    I have a fairly large model of approximately 3819 network links. When I run a simulation over several days its creating a huge HYDQUA.OUT file. About 80GB!
    Is this normal? The model run finishes but disk space is very low causing issues with graphs and other programs.

My system:
    Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-4790 CPU@3.6GHz
    Installed memory (RAM) - 32GB
    Operating System - 64-bit
    Disk Drive - SAMSUNG SSD 2.5 SCSI Disk Drive

I'm looking for some suggestions. Also can the HYDQUA.OUT files be deleted to free up space?

Thanks
    Shawn
    Hello Shawn,
    What is your report time step?
    The smaller the time step the larger the file. If you report time step is in seconds then you may have a large Binary OUT file. You can delete this files as they only hold the graphical results. You make another one by running the model again. If you want to reduce the size you can make a domain and only the node, link and subcatchment data for the domain elements will be saved. The OUT file can be very large - the size is based on the number of elements (not just links) * number of time steps per day * number of days.
    Regards, Bob Dickinson

Note: How to Understand the OUT directory in InfoSWMM and InfoSWMM SA
    How you understand the files in the .OUT directory for a sample project name of MyModel.MXD
    MyModel.OUT OUT directory of the InfoSWMM project
    MyModel.ISDB is the Database Information for InfoSWMM and InfoSWMM SA
    MyModel.MXD is the Arc GIS specific information for your model - it does not contain model elements
    OUT Subfolder Scenario Location of all Scenario Output Files
    Subfoder Base The Base Scenario
    JOB The temporary output file for inp, out and txt files during the simulation – this should be cleaned outand copied at the end of the simulation
    HYDQUA Header.html is the left side of the browser page
    HYDQUA.html is the text output file from SWMM 5
    HYDQUA.inp SWMM 5 “like” input file for InfoSWMM, It is the same information as in SWMM5 but as a CSV file.
    HYDQUA.out Binary Output File
    hydqua.rpt.lid.txt LID Text Output File
    hydqua.rpt.txt InfoSWMM Text Output Comprehensive Storm Water Management Model: based on EPA-SWMM 5.1.012
    If you have an data abort in some of the older InfoSWMM models the txt and inp files are still in the JOB directory and NOT the BASE directory. They can still be viewed in the JOB directory using the Notepad icons and searching for the files.