Thread: Switch off Pump based on Downstream Condition

Post Switch off Pump based on Downstream Condition

Hi all,

I need to switch off the pump once it pumped upto 160000 m3 in volume. Otherwise, if the downstream pond level reaches certain level; they upstream pump needs to be switch off.

I need to replicate the above pump off scenario in the InfoWorks ICM model. Let me know, how to do it.

Thanks & Regards

Dinesh. D

Dinesh,

Would a condition that switches the pump off once it reaches a particular level at the pond be an acceptable solution?

Regards,

Dan
    Last edited by DanMor; October 17, 2017 at 04:35 AM.

I have two condition in this scenario. Pump needs to operated based on ON and OFF level on the wet well; at the same time pump will switch off when the pond reaches 14.5m. I cannot incorporate both these condition in the model. Logically pump will switch off manually in the site once the pond is full.

Regards

Dinesh. D

Quote Originally Posted by DanMor View Post
    Dinesh,

Would a condition that switches the pump off once it reaches a particular level at the pond be an acceptable solution?

Regards,

Dan

You need to use an RTC (Real Time Control). Look in Help. They can be tricky but this one sounds quite simple. You may need to introduce a dummy sluice upstream of the pumping station, that shuts when the level in the pond reaches 14.5, thus forcing the pump to stop. Or maybe just before that, so that when the wet well empties, it actually reaches 14.5!

How to control the sluice when the pond level reaches 14.5m? what is the control settings in the InfoWorks ICM to do that?

Dinesh - RTC is a standard feature, even if it is tricky at times. There is a full account in help, and the tutorials. It's not up to me, or this forum, to do basic training for you. That's you or your company's job. Read Help and do the tutorials. Best of luck.