Thread: Opening Gates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Opening Gates

I'm fairly new to creating RTC's in InfoWorks CS. I want to open a gate once the level in a node reaches 11' and close it when the level in that node reaches 2'. The gate will remain closed until the level once again reaches 11'. Can anyone provide me with some guidance?

This is probably a question better directed to support@innovyze.com as we can provide examples via email.

But, this one sounds fairly simple. You will need to create a new RTC scenario, then insert the following:

Regulator - this will be your gate
    Range - height above datum (greater than 11') for the node
    Rule - select the range and set the gate to open (using a fixed POS)
    Range - height above datum (less than 2') for the node
    Rule - select the range and set the gate to closed

If you can't get it working properly, please send a transportable database of your model to support@innovyze.com

Thanks. I'll take a look at this and I'll send it to support if I can't figure it out.

Be sure and save every time you make a single change in the RTC editor. It likes to crash IW a lot.

Thanks for the advice. I haven't had too many problems with InfoWorks crashing. I do like that it autosaves and updates automatically because I have a habit of not saving my work often enough and Excel likes to crash on me alot.

Quote Originally Posted by David Garcia View Post
    Be sure and save every time you make a single change in the RTC editor. It likes to crash IW a lot.
    You can also right click on 'Global' at the top of the RTC scenario and select 'Full Validation' prior to saving to validate the RTC and also prevent crashing.