Thread: Duplicating and Renaming 'Pipe' table in InfoNet

Question Duplicating and Renaming 'Pipe' table in InfoNet

I have a clean water mains dataset and a raw water mains dataset, which I'd like to import into separate tables in my Distribution Network. However, I only have one default table called 'Pipe'. Is there a way of duplicating this table, so that I can upload both datasets into separate tables?
    (I was thinking about setting up two distribution networks, but the slight complication with that is that my fittings are not split between 'clean' and 'raw')

Secondly, is there a way of renaming the table to 'Water Main' or to 'Clean Water Main' and 'Raw Water Main', depending on the answer to the first question?

Would editing my .iws file be a solution to both questions?

Advice for InfoNet

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    I have a clean water mains dataset and a raw water mains dataset, which I'd like to import into separate tables in my Distribution Network. However, I only have one default table called 'Pipe'. Is there a way of duplicating this table, so that I can upload both datasets into separate tables?
    (I was thinking about setting up two distribution networks, but the slight complication with that is that my fittings are not split between 'clean' and 'raw')

Secondly, is there a way of renaming the table to 'Water Main' or to 'Clean Water Main' and 'Raw Water Main', depending on the answer to the first question?

Would editing my .iws file be a solution to both questions?
    You cannot duplicate the Pipe Asset table as all tables are fixed in InfoNet. I think you have two options here:

1. Import only clean water mains into one distribution network and import all fittings (since you do not have clean/raw designated for fittings), then you can delete any "orphaned" fittings from the network using trace tools. Then, do the same with the raw water mains and fittings in another network so that you have two separate networks

2. Import all assets into one network. When you import your clean wate rmains using the Open Data Import Center, you can specify a default value for one of your user text fields that reads "Clean Water" so that all mains imported from the clean water dataset are designated as clean water. Do the same with the raw water main import and then you can create a theme to show the pipes in different colors to represent each pipe type.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Nicole

I went for option 2, because with option 1 I am likely to run into trouble with fittings that aren't properly topologically connected.

For anyone else wishing to create their own objects in InfoNet, a 'Suite' upgrade is now available to allow customisation of collection and distribution networks aswell as user-built asset networks complete with their own user defined fields, object joins, object arrays etc.