Thread: Map Display and Labeling

Map Display and Labeling

Hi,
    Working with InfoWater v10.0. Has anyone ever experienced map displays that no longer produce labels? I've been working on a few projects producing values for min/max pressures and hydrant available flows. All of a sudden what I was able to do multiple times has just stopped working! Frustrating! Tried a variety of other data fields and nothing seems to work. Made sure 'Label Features' was checked and label scale range was on for layer too. And yes, I've done a reboot/refresh/shutdown as well with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Hi Shawn,

It was nice to talk to you earlier today. I wanted to post a more detailed reply for the benefit of other users who may have similar questions.

As discussed, your InfoWater version of 10.0 is quite old. The latest version of the software is 12.3 Update 5 and should not have any issue with the map displays. We recommend you update your InfoWater to the latest version as there have been many improvements to the software since version 10.0.

This blog post discusses how we have made InfoWater backward compatible since version 10, but with changes to ArcGIS and Windows that invariably occur, the only way to make sure your software is always functioning at its optimum rate is to keep updated with the latest version. Link: http://blog.innovyze.com/2016/11/01/...owater-models/

Our latest versions not only are designed to stay abreast of updates to ArcGIS and Windows, they also include feature enhancements and improvements to the software over time and ensure your software is running optimally with your ArcGIS and windows which is something that staying on an older version may not always remain the case.

Since there have been fairly significant changes to the Implicit Variable Speed pump tool and the fireflow analysis tool since version 10.0 we highly recommend for those alone that you consider upgrade just for that. There have also been several feature improvements and tools added in later versions that may be of use to you as well.

I sent you new installation files for the latest version of InfoWater as if you are on version 12 or older you will need to do a one time uninstall/reinstall of the software due to a change in the location of key product files used.

Best to you in your modeling endeavors.

Patrick Moore

I wanted to use the “Map Display” tool. http://blog.innovyze.com/2018/01/26/...-in-infowater/
    However, it doesn’t show up on my toolbar. Is there something I need to do to enable it?
    I am using version InfoWater 12.4. Below is a screenshot of the available model explorer operation tools that show currently.

Thanks in advance,
    Elena

I wanted to use the “Map Display” tool. http://blog.innovyze.com/2018/01/26/...-in-infowater/
    However, it doesn’t show up on my toolbar. Is there something I need to do to enable it?
    I am using version InfoWater 12.4. Below is a screenshot of the available model explorer operation tools that show currently.
    picture.PNG

Thanks in advance,
    Elena

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Elena,

Make sure you are in the latest version of InfoWater which as of today is InfoWater 12.4 update 2. If not you can download and have this update run for you (you need Admin rights to run it) download link: InfoWater/Suite 12.4 Update 002 for ArcGIS 10.0-10.6 (218.66 MB), 02/02/2018

Then you will need to first open a Map Display using the Map Display icon on the InfoWater Control Center Toolbar (The one with the InfoWater menu)
    (click if need larger image)
    Map Display Icon.png

Once you apply a Map Display you wish to use select the "Save" button to save it (You will have to name it)

Any of the named "saved" Map displays you have will show up in the Operation Tab of the Model Explorer under Map Display as shown:

(click if need larger image)
    Saved Map Display.jpg

If you update your InfoWater to the latest version you should see everything included in the Insider Blog Post you referenced in this post: http://blog.innovyze.com/2018/01/26/...-in-infowater/

Please contact us if or reply to this post if you need further assistance.

Patrick Moore

Got it! I needed to update to InfoWater 12.4 update 2. Thank you Patrick for the quick response!

Hi Patrick,
    Your comment on saving Map Displays. It seems to be a little different in InfoSWMM v14.6 where it doesn't show up in the Operations Tab. Is this true or am I missing something? Also I've never been able to recall a map display. I go through the procedure you mentioned above, it saves to a location I specified but actually recalling the symbolgy never works. It becomes a little annoying to have to assign colours and break values every time a report is requested. I'm curious if you have a solution or if its a known problem for other users? Thanks

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

This is a new feature to InfoWater. I am unsure if this has been added to InfoSWMM yet.

I am off today, but can verify when I get back in the Office. But based on what you shared I suspect it has not yet been released yet in InfoSWMM.

Patrick Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Healz View Post
    Hi Patrick,
    Your comment on saving Map Displays. It seems to be a little different in InfoSWMM v14.6 where it doesn't show up in the Operations Tab. Is this true or am I missing something? Also I've never been able to recall a map display. I go through the procedure you mentioned above, it saves to a location I specified but actually recalling the symbolgy never works. It becomes a little annoying to have to assign colours and break values every time a report is requested. I'm curious if you have a solution or if its a known problem for other users? Thanks

Innovyze Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Moore View Post
    This is a new feature to InfoWater. I am unsure if this has been added to InfoSWMM yet.

I am off today, but can verify when I get back in the Office. But based on what you shared I suspect it has not yet been released yet in InfoSWMM.

Patrick Moore
    Hello Shawn,
    The Map Display savings option Patrick mentions is part of InfoSWMM SA or the Standalone Version but not InfoSWMM.
    Regards,
    Bob Dickinson
    Innovyze Inc.
    2018-03-22_0240.png

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Shawn,

Thanks to Bob for his clarification post.

For InfoSWMM, You can however in version 14.6 (the current latest) save a map display layout to a file using the "save" option in the map display and the "open" (browse to the file saved) and select the map display file. This is a few more steps that what InfoWater now does, but will still allow you to save a display and reapply it in its current state.

It is my understanding the newer way to do this that InfoWater and InfoSWMM SA are doing will be added to InfoSWMM as well at some point.

As noted, this is a relatively recent change that is just recently been implemented to InfoWater and InfoSWMM SA that just has not yet been added to InfoSWMM.

Have a great day!

Patrick Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Dickinson View Post
    Hello Shawn,
    The Map Display savings option Patrick mentions is part of InfoSWMM SA or the Standalone Version but not InfoSWMM.
    Regards,
    Bob Dickinson
    Innovyze Inc.
    2018-03-22_0240.png