Thread: Missing Valve Diameters in Infoworks WS

Missing Valve Diameters in Infoworks WS

Hi There,
    I am presently working on a network that has round about 300 missing diameters for valves. I have tried to populate the missing diameters by creating an Inference group and in the option LINK: Diameters(Linear) I have checked the option for valves. However even after applying the above inference rule, I cannot get my missing diameters for valves. Is there any way I can get the missing diameters for the valves.
    Regards,
    Sudeep

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Sudeep,

I have forwarded your question to some of our support staff who are more familiar with our Workgroup products like InfoWorks WS to see if they had any suggestions. If they don't reply here directly, I will see if we can find a good recommendation of what might help you resolve your current issue.

Patrick Moore

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Sudeep, it sounds like our support team had someone contact you directly with a recommended solution to your issue and a recommended SQL script to do what you were looking for. Let us know if you need anything else.

Innovyze Employee

For the information of the wider community there are two options in InfoWorks WS/InfoWorks WS Pro software to facilitate this. For inference to be carried out at a link, the Match Attributes criteria must be met at that link.

• Values of upstream and downstream Links

When inferring values for a particular link, InfoWorks searches upstream and downstream
    from the link through nodes connected to exactly two links. The search will stop at:
    > The first link that has a value for the parameter being inferred
    > The extents of the model
    > Nodes connected to more than two links
    > A link that does not satisfy the Object Types criteria

• Values of surrounding Links

When inferring values for a particular link, InfoWorks searches outwards from
    the link through connected links. The search will stop at:
    > A link that has a value for the parameter being inferred
    > The extents of the model
    > A link that does not satisfy the Object Types criteria.

There is still an issue when there are >2 connections at a junction - so an option would be an SQL query to average all connected links. I'll post an example below
    Last edited by Ann Pugh; March 7, 2017 at 02:26 PM.

Innovyze Employee

This query uses variables to sum up all upstream link diameters and downstream link diameters, and then to divide that by the count of upstream and downstream links - it will not trace through the network, so if there are missing diameters then there will be no information for the query to use to create a diameter. The last step is important - setting a flag on the data so others know where this diameter has come from.

SET $sumd = sum(us_links.diameter) + sum(ds_links.diameter);
    SET $countd = count(us_links.diameter) +count(ds_links.diameter);
    SET diameter = $sumd/$countd;
    SET diameter_flag = "IZ"