Thread: Inforwork WS Plus

Lightbulb Inforwork WS Plus

Hi,

I was wonder if there is a possibility to set a warning message when a projection run is failed ?

This should be displayed on the Run tab in the Baseline Page in the Simulation Status field. Or were you thinking this should be displayed somewhere else, if so please feel free to suggest somewhere

Yes , We could see the failed Simulation in the projection run Group if we check the run group but I was thinking about having a warning message whenever there is a fail simulation. Users wouldn’t notice there is a fail simulation till they check the projection run group, and it was about Infoworks not IWLive.
    It also happened when we had a complete projection run in IWLive but the failed simulation in the projection run group in Infoworks.

Pascal Lang
    Hi,

I agree that this could be good functionality, especially if users have a large number of baselines running. It can be hard to keep track of these so some message that informs users (in IWLive as well as WS) that there are failed runs has definite benefits. Once a user has detected that a run failed operators are not really expected to investigate the modelling cause for the unsuccessful run hence detection in WS+ is also beneficial as you have stated.

I have noted down a request for this, initial ideas are to have an error message appear on the headline page (message tab) in IWLive and to have a right click option in the WS+ model group to "Find failed simulations".

Please feel free to let me know of any ideas that you may have based on how else the messages could be displayed and thank you for the input.

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for your response.
    Small Pop up dialog box would be good.
    It will give the user a peace of mind as the user might be very busy and doesn’t notice or forget to check if there is a failed run.
    Last edited by Sheida Poroushani-SAW; June 12, 2013 at 01:19 AM.