Thread: how to create ad Domain out of output result

how to create ad Domain out of output result

Hi,
    I would like to know how can i create a Domain out of output results. example: nodes with 0 pressure or less.

TIA

Hello TIA,

The simple way I use to do this is to use the filter commands in the Output Results or Range Results table to get the check boxes selected for the elements you want, then I save that as a temporary selection set. Then in the domain manager, you can load the selection set into the domain.

You can also use an Output Relate and create a new query...it's a little more complicated to setup, but slightly less cumbersome to use on a regular basis. I believe the help files should have details on using Output Relates.

Thanks,
    Brian

Hi Brian,

It was actually "Thanks in advance".. anyway man, indeed that output relate thing can be quite a handful. maybe i'll check on that option later on. for now i'll settle for the first option you gave me. i think it'll work.

best regards,
    Felipe

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Cool

Felipe,

Brian had some great suggestions. Here are step by step instructions to do each option

Option #1 - selecting output data form the output report

1. First run the model to get data
    2. Open a junction report, or generally for this its best to open a Junction Range report and select pressure as the output
    3. Use the data filter to select junctions with a min pressure <= 20 psi
    4. Select Min Value <= 20 and press "add" and then "apply" This will select elements that meet the filter
    5. You can then save the selected elements as a selection set
    6. Example: -> (Click for a larger image if necessary) Filtering Output Data.jpg

Output Relates: For junction pressure range
    1) Open the domain manager

2) Select DB Queries
    3) Select the "..." button to open the query list
    4) Select "New" to create a new Query. Name it and associate it with Junctions (See example naming)
    5) Select the query you created and press the output relate tab
    6) Select "NEW" again to create a new output relate
    7) Name the query (recommend JRANGEPR)
    8) Select Junction Range as the desired Output Report
    9) Select Pressure as the desired report page
    10) hit all "OK" buttons to get back to the DB Query Output relate page in step 5

Example: (click if need larger image
    Output Relate #1.jpg

Next, in the Output Relate tab From #5 above Select the JRANGEPR (or what you named your output relate) relate and select the R+ icon to add that relate to the query

Example (click if need larger image)
    Output relate 2.jpg

Then Switch back to the query statement tab and press the pointing finger to edit the query
    In the JRANGEPR tab select JRANGEPR-> Min Value <=20 as shown and hit "add" to add it to the query as shown
    Validate and then hit OK
    At this point it is ready to be used
    Example (click if need larger image)
    Output relate3.jpg

If you set this to auto update it will update after each run and you can use it to add junctions below 20psi to the domain.

Hope this helps:

Patrick Moore
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Hello TIA,

The simple way I use to do this is to use the filter commands in the Output Results or Range Results table to get the check boxes selected for the elements you want, then I save that as a temporary selection set. Then in the domain manager, you can load the selection set into the domain.

You can also use an Output Relate and create a new query...it's a little more complicated to setup, but slightly less cumbersome to use on a regular basis. I believe the help files should have details on using Output Relates.

Thanks,
    Brian

Hi Patrick,,

Thanks your steps have been really helpful!

-Felipe