Can anyone help me with my confusion re Parallel and Duplicate?

Ver 12.3

FROM THE HELP

WHAT'S New in InfoWater 12.3, says:
Locate Duplicate Pipes
In the Network Review/Fix menu, the Locate Duplicate Pipes command identifies the pipes with identical geometry (i.e., on the top of each other) and displays the duplicate pipe ids in the Message Board. Duplicate Pipes are a subset of Parallel Pipes.

And from the Main help itself:

Locate Parallel Pipes - Parallel pipes that share the same curvilinear shape [I think “same curvilinear shape” should read “share the same start AND end node (but direction & hydraulic propertied do NOT have to be the same)” SwS]. The Network Review/Fix Tool is able to rapidly identify all parallel pipe candidates in the network model. The user can then determine if a parallel pipe actually exists and, if so, re-route (redraw) the pipe in a noticeable manner or remove/delete it from the model if such a duplicate pipe does not actually exist as shown in the expanding text. [NB only works on active network]

Locate Duplicate Pipes - Duplicate pipes are superimposed/parallel [I think "superimposed/parallel" should read "superimpose parallel", (as / can imply OR) SwS ] pipes that share the same geometry and start/end node [I think should say “start AND end node” not “Start/end” as latter could imply OR, SwS] The Network Review/Fix Tool is able to rapidly identify all duplicate pipe candidates in the network model. The user can then determine if a duplicate pipe actually exists and, if so, re-route (redraw) the pipe in a noticeable manner or remove/delete it from the model if such a duplicate pipe does not actually exist as shown in the expanding text. [NB only works on ACTIVE network]

All duplicate pipes will also show up when running the Locate Parallel Pipes tool ie 'Duplicate' is a special subset case of 'Parallel' where geometry is also the same.

Thus: the implication to me is that (1) Duplicates are just parallel pipes that are perfectly on top of one another & (2) the definitions have got nothing to do with hydraulics or direction.

This means, if my interp is correct: that in this small Figure 1 diagram;
fig1.jpg
Grey, Blue & Red are all classed as PARALLEL, but only Grey and Blue are Duplicates

And now for some testing;
From figure 2 below it looks as if thing work differently (from my hypothesis base on HELP), as Duplicate found pipes NOT on top of one another.
fig 2.jpg
And to add more to my confoooosion.... Figure 3 seems to give another answer.
Fig3.jpg

Can anybody help? Am I misinterpreting things?