Thread: 2D Results Export

2D Results Export InfoWorks ICM

I have a very large number of 2D Results points (individual properties from NRD data) within a 1D-2D ICM model.

All I want to export is the Max 2D Flood Depth at each point.

Is this possible? At present the closest I have got is to export the time varying depth for the individual 2D results points using Results/CSV export ... function and then process the data in Excel. I was hoping there may be a quicker way?
    Last edited by Francesca; March 27, 2013 at 10:27 AM.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Hi Francesca,

Yes, there is an easier way, and it can all be done inside ICM.

First, make sure your 2D Simulation was run with network results points defined in the actual model. This is important because the list of selectable results fields is data-driven by the results that are actually present in the output file. If you don't have any defined at the moment you'll need to add them to the base network and then re-run your Simulation. They are defined in the network using "New Point Object" option and setting the Type as "Network results point (2D)".

With your Simulation run, locate your Simulation results in the Database Tree, right-click on the Simulation Results and select "Export" - "using Open Data Export Centre".

Set "Network results point (2D)" as the table, specify a filename, add two rows with point_id and sim.max_depth2d as internal fields, give them whatever names you want for the export field name, press "Export". The screenshot below shows the setting....

Do remember that the depth is relative to the element ground level, which is an average for the area covered by the element and may not match the receptor's ground level. In some cases you might be better off exporting the max elevation and subtracting the NRD ground level (if it has one?) in Excel.

Hope that helps!

Andrew
    Andrew Walker
    Client Service Manager | Innovyze | Wallingford, UK
    Web: www.innovyze.com | Twitter: @innovyze

I'd go with the second option, not least because if you define points for a few selected properties, someone will only ask "what about this one, then?" and you'll have to do it anyway!