Thread: Flow Direction Arrows Missing

Flow Direction Arrows Missing

Hi Folks,

Flow arrows are not showing up on my map display. My map display is attached below. Any thoughts?

All the Best,
    Aaron Crow
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Hi Aaron,

Can you confirm a few things to help troubleshoot your issue?

1) Can you confirm what software package you are using? (It looks like you are in InfoWater)
    2) What is the current version of the software you are running ( You can find this in the InfoWater menu -> Help-> About InfoWater and look in the license tab of the pop up window that comes up)

When using InfoWater 12.2 update 2 using both the "Diameter" field (as you noted in your screen capture) as well as using "flow" we were able to see the flow arrows when applying the map display as shown below

Using Diameter (click for larger image if necessary)
    mapdisplay- pipe diameter -flow arrow.jpg

Using Flow (click for larger image if necessary)

mapdisplay- pipe flow-flow arrows.jpg

It appears that all you may need to do is to update to the latest version of the software to see the Flow arrows in the map display.

InfoWater 12.2 update 2 is compatible with ArcGIS 10.0 to 10.4 and can be downloaded form our website http://www.innovyze.com/updates/

Please note that for users with version 12.0 or older you will need to complete a one time FRESH INSTALLATION where the previous version is uninstalled before installing the latest version due to changes in the software.

If you have any further questions on this issue, please feel free to respond to this thread.

Patrick Moore

Hi Patrick,

1) Yes, I'm using InfoWater.
    2) The current version I'm running is Suite 12.0, Update #2.

In the end, it was my lack of understanding! I didn't realize that the map display depends on run diameter, not the pipe diameter. I was adding new pipes, so they didn't have a run diameter initially and were therefore unable to be displayed initially.

Thanks!

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Glad to know that solved it. Thank you for letting us know.

Patrick Moore