Thread: Keeping Toolbars Constant

Keeping Toolbars Constant

Hi all,

Is there a way to define how I would like my toolbars to display and then have that fixed as a default value in InfoWorks ICM? I tried the 'reset toolbars' option but it seemed to reset to a configuration which takes up too much of my screen and I'd want to adjust.

Thanks
    Aby

Innovyze Employee

Hi Aby,

You certainly can. Use the Customise Toolbars option (Tools Menu) to arrange the toolbars to your satisfaction (location and buttons) and then tick the "Lock positions" option and apply the settings.

Regards,
    Ann

Many thanks Ann!

Hi Ann,

thanks for your reply. I've tried to follow your advice above but I'm not quite getting things to work. I followed your instructions but I don't seem to see the "Lock positions" option.

2.jpg

I'm struggling to upload a document you can see to show you what I mean (the image here is really small - sorry), but the customize box I open up has three additional check box options to the right of the box -
    Show Tooltips
    Cool Look
    Show Gripper

I can't see a "lock" option. I can move the toolbars manually but I'd liked to keep these positions fixed. I have this issue in ICM and CS

thanks

Aby

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

The 'Lock Position' button was implemented for version 6.5. I assume you're using an earlier version.

Yes - 6.0.3.12008 (32 bit) July 2015.

Thanks Duncan.

In ICM the dockable windows can sometimes not behave properly and need to be reset. But the reset option is for both Windows and Toolbars. I really don't want to reset toolbars. In CS there are two options 1) reset Toolbar Buttons and 2) reset Toolbars and Windows. The second doesn't offer a choice of which or both. I don't want to try the ICM Reset Toolbars and Windows because I fear it will be the same as in CS and I will have to redo my Toolbars.