Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you use SQL queries to build your model or analyse your simulation results?

Hi all,

Is it possible to select links with length larger than the actual distance between the u/s and d/s node? So simply links with bends?

Thanks

Is there an SQL that will detectnodes where lowest outgoing invert is above lowest incoming invert?

MAX (ds_links.us_invert)>MIN(us_links.ds_invert)

Apply to all nodes

Great, but needs to be

MIN (ds_links.us_invert)>MIN(us_links.ds_invert)

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Choudalaki View Post
    Hi all,

Is it possible to select links with length larger than the actual distance between the u/s and d/s node? So simply links with bends?

Thanks
    You could try using this on the conduit object type.

conduit_length < ((((((([us_node].x - [ds_node].x)^2) + (([us_node].y - [ds_node].y)^2))^0.5)^2) + (((us_invert) - (ds_invert))^2))^0.5)

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

This query will take a selection of links and select any subcatchment draining to them using the drain to multiple links/lateral links option:-

LIST $nodeID STRING;
    LIST $suffix STRING;

SELECT SELECTED DISTINCT us_node_id INTO $nodeID FROM [All Links];
    SELECT SELECTED DISTINCT link_suffix INTO $suffix FROM [All Links];

LET $i=1;
    WHILE $i<=LEN($nodeID);
    SELECT FROM Subcatchment WHERE lateral_links.node_id= AREF($i,$nodeID) AND lateral_links.link_suffix= AREF($i,$suffix) ;
    LET $i=$i+1;
    WEND;

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Similar to a couple of the above but this will take selected nodes and find subcatchments draining to those nodes.

LIST $nodeID STRING;
    SELECT SELECTED DISTINCT node_id INTO $nodeID FROM [All Nodes];

LET $i=1;
    WHILE $i<=LEN($nodeID);
    SELECT FROM Subcatchment WHERE node_id= AREF($i,$nodeID);
    LET $i=$i+1;
    WEND;

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have an SQL for identifying multiple links, i.e. where there is more than one link between two nodes?

I can see there’s something in Engineering Validation, but that isn’t a feasible approach for the large model I'm working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone have an SQL for identifying multiple links, i.e. where there is more than one link between two nodes?

I can see there’s something in Engineering Validation, but that isn’t a feasible approach for the large model I'm working on.

I'm dying for an option like this. At my company we used to use Sobek, and still do, but Infoworks is supposed to replace it. The number one option I am missing is the ability to select two nodes, and then have the program select the shortest route between it. This allows for quick side views of different routes. Is such an option hidden somewhere, or does someone have an SQL for this?

Please check the "Tracing tools" in the "Geoplan" menu. You can use the "Intermediate paths" to select all the links in paths between two selected nodes. I also recommend you to have a look to the tools "Connectivity" and "Proximity trace".