Thread: Pipe Initial Status on Infowater

Pipe Initial Status on Infowater

Hi

I am after some assistance on pipe initial link status in Info water model software

In my case,the "Pipe X" is open in Existing Scenario but the same "Pipe X" need to be closed in future scenario.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Siva,

This is actually fairly easy to do once you know how. The key is to set up two different scenarios and make sure that each scenario uses a different "control set". By using a different control set you can have a different initial status assigned to each scenario and it will not interfere with the status in the other scenario.

The control set (among other things) includes the following key items:

• Node Initial Status (typically only for Pumps and Valves)
    • Pipe Initial Status
    • Simple controls for Node elements (Typically used only for Pumps and Valves) and for pipe simple controls
    • VSP pump controls

Please note that rule based (logical) type controls are contained in the Logical Set and not the control set.

So once you create a scenario with a different control set the status of the element can be assigned differently in the two separate scenarios as long as they have a different control set assigned to each scenario.

Here is where the control set is assigned for a given scenario in the scenario manager. Simply double click the control set to change it (note scenario must not be the active scenario):
    (Click for larger image if necessary)
    Scenario Manager - Control Set.jpg

Please reply if you have any further questions on this issue.

Thank you again for posting your question.

Innovyze Support

Thanks for your reply. Your solution using control set fixed my issue.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Siva,

That is great to hear. Thank you for letting us know that resolved your issue.

Innovyze Support