Thread: Rainfall Profiles

Rainfall Profiles

I received a model that has several different rainfall profiles referenced in the subcatchments. Are these profiles used to represent different rain gages? Also, within the model package there was only one rainfall event (a design storm) that did not match any of the rainfall profiles specified for the subcatchments. For example the rainfall profiles in the subcatchments reference 1000, 2000, 3000, etc. and the lone rainfall event uses Profile ID 1. If I am using this rainfall event will my subcatchments still behave properly with this rainfall event? it seems to be working properly but I just want verification to put my mind at ease. Thanks.

Innovyze Employee

Hello, From the help file

This specifies the name of the rainfall profile applied to this subcatchment. Each profile within a Rainfall Event has a unique name. You must set a value in this field, or set the field flag to #D to use the User Defined Default.
    If the field does not contain a valid rainfall profile ID, the following action is taken when you run a simulation:

• if the Rainfall Event contains a single profile, this profile is applied in the simulation. This makes the assumption that if there is only one profile, you will want to apply it to the whole model
    • if the Rainfall Event contains more than one profile, InfoWorks ICM uses the first profile in the event. A warning is included in the simulation log file

I hope this helps
      Regards,
      Robert Dickinson

The multiple profiles will have been for verification using a number of raingauges. Not needed for a design storm, which behaves as Robert says.