Thread: infoWATER FireFlow - not join?

Question infoWATER FireFlow - not join?

ver 11.5 update#2.
    Anybody haveing trouble with MapDisplay or ArcGIS Symbology of FireFlow (FF) Output?
    Map Explorer shows FF output but TableProps, MapDisplay & ArcGIS Symbology don't seem to have any of the FF output fields.

Table>props>joins (after a 'Join All") shows only JCTOUT DEMAND & JUNCTION
    Table>Props>Fields shows NO FF output fields (AVAIL_FLOW etc)
    Stewart.
    S w Sargent, Services Development Engineer, Marlborough District Council, New Zealand.
    (40 years of modelling in 4 countries, thus far , and still learning)

Innovyze Employee

I am with Version 11.5 Update #3, and I am able to see fireflow output fields in junction tables.

SOLVED.
    FANTASTIC.. Thanks Shawn.
    Yes, have updated... and FF fields seem fine now. ie JCTOUT (and Joined Junc Table) now has FF fields and MapDisplay works again.

I THINK MY COMMMENT ABOVE MAYBE PREMATURE: See my later Posts this Thread..
    Last edited by Stewart Sargent NZ; April 7, 2015 at 03:59 PM.
    Stewart.
    S w Sargent, Services Development Engineer, Marlborough District Council, New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Huang View Post
    I am with Version 11.5 Update #3, and I am able to see fireflow output fields in junction tables.
    "Houston" I think we still have a problem..
    Ver 11.5 Update#4

I am still finding problems switching between the two types: "standard" & "Fireflow"
    When doing a new run after one of the other type the New Fields don't seem to show in the Joined Tables
    Eg if FIRE run done, then a STANDARD run done, the joined tables show only the FIRE output fields (and visa versa)

Similarly after both have been done, switching output selections doesn't show the correct relevant fields.
    Unjoining and rejoining doesn't seem to help

This Effects (at least):
    *Joined tables
    *ArcGIS fields: Symbology, labels
    *infoWATER: MapDisplay (Key shows ok in TOC, but display doesn't show symbols (nor labels))

BUT.. Model Explorer seems OK

The only workaround I have found to date is to force a new session (ie Save, Close and Reopen)
    BUT as soon as I switch to, or Run, the other type the problems reappears

Anybody got any ideas?
    Stewart.

Further to my Post of April 2:

More info about this behaviour:
    NB I’m using:

• infoWATER Ver11.5 Update#4 and a Virtual dB and ArcGIS 10.2.2 ver 10.2.2.3552
    • preferences>Operational Settings> AUTO OUTPUT RETRIVAL (is selected)

Swapping Outputs (is switching between *Active*.Standard and *Active.FireFlow on ModelExplorer Output bar ) gives following effects.
    A.Correct:

1. JCTOUT.dbf updated correctly
    2. Explored Output pane shows correct fields
    3. Report Manage (ie can select either output an get sensible reports/graphs)

B.Incorrect

1. Mapdisplay – dialog shows correct fields and shows symbology in TOC BUT nothing shows on map (unless*), then
    2. Junction Table Properties show wrong output fields (unless*)
    3. Junction Table shows NULL values for the output fields (unless*)

• NB * IF the output selected was the one last RUN then output IS shown correctly.
    • Hypothesis: JCTOUT table that is joined to the Junction table is NOT the one updated above (as per A.1) but one from the Last Run from someplace else or from some other cache?

Anybody able to help?
    Stewart.

Innovyze Employee

Hi Stewart, I could not open the mxd file, as it links to external data that I don't have access. Therefore, I re-created a mxd file for the model. With your model, I could not reproduce the issue. Wish I can take a look at your screen to figure it out.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Hi Stewart,

I recall this coming across the help desk a short while ago. I’m going to post the solution that was recommended to you here, for the benefit of others in the forum.

It turns out that, ArcGIS has certain limitations that appear to fix the data “joined”to another layer that are causing the issues. One of the problems appears to be that a standard run and a fireflow run use different fields and once joined, ArcGIS will not allow the field names to be adjusted. As a result, the developers have added an automatic “break” for the joined layers for features that were not updating periodically as a short term fix to avoid confusion by users. What this is doing is automatically removing the layer joins when any command that would have an issue updating is executed by the software. As a result the user will have to rejoin the tables repeatedly until a potential fix can hopefully be found within the software where the join will remain until broken by the user. If you are on a later version of the software the joins may not be auto-broken yet, but as you noted they are not updating correctly. In version 11.5 Update 5 the breaks occur automatically. But by breaking the links and rejoining the tables the data will be up to date even if using a lower version of InfoWater.
    While this could be frustrating if each time you wanted to join you had to click 4 separate times to get to this feature using the InfoWater menu option, there isa way to quickly add the Join all layer tables and Remove layer join command to a customized Toolbar so that both joining and removing can be completed with a single click.

I tested this locally and it seems to be a simple workaround that will allow the user to always have the desired data joined regardless of the feature used and will minimize any issues with the software automatically removing the joins. It is very fast, and the added benefit is that now you can be assured you always have the latest data when you do a quick Remove of the join followed by a join all layer tables command.

Here isthe procedure for creating a custom toolbar and adding the “Join all layertables” and “Remove all layer joins” commands to this toolbar. Note: We have this as a pdf, but the forum currently will only allow uploading of picturesand not files at this time. If anyone would like a copy of the pdf file please email me directly at patrick.moore@innovyze.com and I will send you the file.

Follow this link for a detailed walkthrough of how to complete this procedure of creating the custom toolbars as noted: above http://blog.innovyze.com/2015/06/23/...er-layer-data/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Patrick Moore; June 24, 2015 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Blog post created to document procedure. Link added

Hi Patrick
    This problem seems to have got worse ??????.
    ver 12.3 infoWater

None of my workarounds seem to work.
    VIZ
    I have done a fire run,
    then switched to a different scenario and did a stnd run.
    No matter how I try I CANNOT get the output date to JOIN. Every time, all I get is FIRE fields.
    (Unjoining and rejoining [with menu or shortcut buttons <grin> as per you excellent prev post] doesn't help. I am STUCK with Fire Fields.

Saving, Closing, Opening and initializing is NOT a good option.. Wastes far too much user time -- especially rebuilding the dashboard of tables and graphs... even using stored ones...<grin>

Any ideas... anyone....
    Stewart.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Stewart,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I will immediately forward to the appropriate team so that it can be promptly addressed. We’ll keep you informed. Thanks again.

Patrick