Thread: Cannot delete Wetwell

Cannot delete Wetwell

A wetwell was created and then deleted. It is not shown graphically in my model, however it is still listed in the DB Editor. I've run the Database "Clean" and "Pack" tools with no change. Any idea on how to get rid of this?

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Ben ( BWK) ,

Can you confirm the product you are using for modeling purposes? Based on your company's licensing I would guess you are using either InfoSewer or H2OMAP Sewer, but you can confirm if different as the answer can depend heavily on which product you are using.

How was the Wetwell deleted?

From what you describe it sounds like you are using InfoSewer. If by chance you used ArcGIS editor to delete the Wet Well element, (We strongly recommend against doing this in the future as it does not properly delete elements in the database) this can cause issues like you are seeing. If it was that, try running a update map from DB force all network in the InfoSewer-Utilities menu. This will redraw the Wet Well element deleted from the map but not the database. You can then select the element in the InfoSewer Browser and then choose the "delete" icon that looks like an eraser to delete the Wetwell correctly.

If you are using a different product or can provide more information we can provide additional insight if this does not resolve your issue.

Patrick Moore
    Last edited by Patrick Moore; May 17, 2016 at 03:04 PM.

Hi Patrick-

I'm currently using InfoSewer. The wetwell was deleted using the "Delete Domain" tool.

When i ran the update map from DB -> Force all network tool, all of the manholes and junctions in my model disappeared (graphically) but are still in the DB editor.

Innovyze Employee

Quote Originally Posted by BWK View Post
    Hi Patrick-

I'm currently using InfoSewer. The wetwell was deleted using the "Delete Domain" tool.

When i ran the update map from DB -> Force all network tool, all of the manholes and junctions in my model disappeared (graphically) but are still in the DB editor.
    Hello BWK,
    It might be best to send your model to support so we can take a look at it. You are using Update DB from Map but have you also turned off any Mapping on the Arc Map? It may also be a problem with the spatial references in your model - is it a valid spatial reference?
    Regards,
    Robert Dickinson

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Ben, (BWK)

Robert is correct, this is likely a spatial projection issue which would redraw your elements off the current view if there was an issue with the spatial projection of the model. You can right click on the Wet Well layer and there is usually an option to Zoom to layer to see if it was redrawn in a different location. I would also check the spatial projection of your model in the InfoSewer-> Project -> Change project spatial reference by choosing "edit Current spatial Reference" option in the pop up. Make sure you have the correct spatial reference defined or if not select the correct one in the lists on the pop up that comes up. Many people in the US tend to use one form of state plane coordinates in my experience. Secondly, you will want to check the spatial reference of the ArcGIS "Layer" file as this could have gotten changed when you added a background GIS file to a spatial reference that is different than the model. As such this changes the zero, zero origin of coordinates and could have caused the model to get redrawn when you updated the map from database to a show in a different location. If your model and ArcGIS layer file spatial projection match you should not have this issue. To check the ArcGIS layer projection in the table of contents right click on the bold "LAYERS" and select Properties. In the Coordinate system Tab this is where the spatial projection is defined. Adjust as necessary. so both the model and ArcGIS Layers match.

If you still need assistance to resolve, please, as Bob recommended, forward the model over to the support team (support@innovyze.com) and we can help you further.

Patrick Moore

Quote Originally Posted by BWK View Post
    Hi Patrick-

Robert and Patrick-

Thanks for the responses. Zooming to the layer did not reveal the missing wetwell and the model was setup in SC State plane coordinate system. For the sake of our deadline i pulled an archive of the model back when it was working and rebuilt it from there. Thanks for the feedback but I just ran out of time to spend troubleshooting.