Thread: Convert GIS layer to InfoWater

Convert GIS layer to InfoWater

I am attempting to convert a water main layer into something to work with in Infowater; pipe segments and nodes.
    Nothing I have attempted has worked and I cannot find anything in the user manuel nor Help menu that has helped.

Please help!

Answer

Support was able to help me out. If anyone else if having the same difficulty....

Infowater CC>>Exchange>>Import Manager

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Innovyze Employee

Thanks for posting the solution here!

We are currently reviewing old posts to add solutions to threads if none was posted due to the issue being resolved in the support help line rather than in the forum.

The Import manager is great when the files to be imported are either ESRI Shapefiles or some type of delimited data file (like comma delimited). Another way to import elements is to use the GIS Gateway feature. This feature is needed when trying to import geodatabase feature classes rather than shapefiles. This is also accessed in the InfoWater-> Exchange -> GIS Gateway Menu. Suggested help searches would be GIS Gateway, GIS Exchange Cluster, or GIS Gateway Dialog Box in the Help file.

The software can also convert polylines from a CAD file and add nodes at the pipeline endpoints. Search for help topic "Convert Polyline and Append Nodes Methodology" or search for "Append Nodes" in the help file for detailed instructions.

Innovyze Support.