Thread: H2ONet Pipe geometry

H2ONet Pipe geometry

I have a question about H2ONet. I typically have multiple scenarios with different pipe sets which allows me to model different options for pipe diameters in a system. The problem comes when I need to change the pipe geometry (i.e. moving a node or adding a node to an existing pipe). When I do this it updates the length for the pipe set of the active scenario, but not for the other pipe sets. My auto length calculation is turned on, but it doesn't auto-calculate for the other pipe sets. I noticed a "Compare Scenario" tool, but this only shows you the differences and is cumbersome to do on every pipe set. Is there anyway to change the pipe geometry without having to change the lengths in every pipe set?

Thanks

Innovyze Employee

One thing you can try is through copying and overwriting PipeHyd.dbf + PipeHyd.mdx between different pipe sets.

Thanks for the response. If I overwrite the files, all the diameters would change as well, right? I have different project alternatives with different pipe diameters. Your post gave me an idea though; if I were to edit the Pipehyd.dbf files in Excel it would make it less cumbersome (maybe write some code to set the lengths the same for each Pipehyd.dbf). Would that mess up the water model though, because the Pipehyd.mdx file is still the same?

Innovyze Employee

.dbf is the visual dBase format. You can revise them through Visual dBase (which only runs in XP) or through ArcMap. If you change them through Excel, it will corrupt the dbf file.

That is good to know. Thanks for the info.