Thread: Infowater - Updating Pipe geometries

Infowater - Updating Pipe geometries

Hi,

I have a question regarding updating pipe geometries from within the GIS Exchange manager in Infowater.

I have been trying to update the geometry of a pipe which has been spatially modified (within GIS), but the GIS Exchange manager keeps logging an error when I click the "update geometry" button from within the exchanger.

So far I've tried with using the Pipe table, but not with the pipe vertex. Is this something where you'll need to break each pipe down into a list of the individual vertices for each pipe and update that way, or is there something else that can update the geometry of the pipe at the same time as updating the attribute fields?

Thanks for the help!

Innovyze Employee

No, you don't need to update pipe vertex table. Could you please show me the warning message and, if possible, attach a screen shot. What is the format of the pipe layer (shape file or feature class)?

Hi,

The feature I am trying to load in is a polyline Feature Class. It is within a file GDB but not within any Feature Datasets.

I've attached some images for reference.

IW1.JPGIW2.jpgIW3.jpg

Innovyze Employee

Thanks for the screenshots! What is your InfoWater Version and Update number? Is the file GDB in the network server? If so, try to copy the feature class to local drive and give it another try.

Infowater V10, update #8

The files have been local the whole time. The first screenshot shows the location of the files.
    The infowater project is also local

I have also tried with a shapefile version of the same file with no luck.
    Last edited by jcscott; February 11, 2014 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Additional Information

Innovyze Employee

could you zip your test model and send it over to support@innovyze.com?

Solution

Hi,

I have resolved the issue.

The solution to the problem was that I had my model created with a File Geodatabase.
    Creating a new model using a Personal Geodatabase as the format allowed me to upload the geometries.

Geometries were successfully uploaded from both a File GDB and a Personal GDB containing my GIS data.

Innovyze Employee

Thanks for the update!