PDA

View Full Version : ICM 2D - longitudinal section

Jirka
August 18, 2013, 05:06 AM
I am trying to get longitudinal section of river reach with no success because of the fact that the New long section button works only for 1D model. My model is only 2D, therefore I can not use it. I thought that Network results line (2D) could solve my problem but it did not. I want to get longitudinal section for specific line which lies on 2D Zone. I have also found New flood section button but it is not useful for me.
Could anybody give me an advice, please?

[Infoworks ICM 3.5]

Kristian Ravnkilde
August 20, 2013, 04:16 AM
I don't know of any method within ICM to do this. I've tried something similar with no success, and I think it's a very good item for the "wishlist".

Adam Cambridge
August 26, 2013, 11:43 PM
I am trying to get longitudinal section of river reach with no success because of the fact that the New long section button works only for 1D model. My model is only 2D, therefore I can not use it. I thought that Network results line (2D) could solve my problem but it did not. I want to get longitudinal section for specific line which lies on 2D Zone. I have also found New flood section button but it is not useful for me.
Could anybody give me an advice, please?

[Infoworks ICM 3.5]

Yes, "new flood section" tool is the one to use. I don’t think it is particularly great though. I dont see why it couldnt all be done through a 2D results line....one for the Innovyze guys?

Adam