PDA

View Full Version : Failure mode of the storage tank

DObolevics
July 10, 2013, 07:48 AM
Hi,

How would you model a failure mode of the storage tank?
To replicate a situation when pump fails to operate?

Thanks

Nicole Hathorn
July 10, 2013, 11:04 AM
You can just close or turn off the pump for your failure scenario. Which software are you using? Depending on the software, there are different ways this can be accomplished.

DObolevics
July 11, 2013, 12:54 AM
You can just close or turn off the pump for your failure scenario. Which software are you using? Depending on the software, there are different ways this can be accomplished.

Nicole,

Thanks for your reply. I am using InforWorks CS 12.5. This is actually what I have done, just amended the RTC file that pump never goes on. I just wanted to check, if there is any other way to model this.

Thank you.

Paul Eccleston
July 11, 2013, 02:56 AM
If your pump isn't using RTC to start with, setting up an RTC rule isn't necessarily the quickest and easiest solution. If the pump is on an offline storage (ie won't be expected to pump during model initialisation) you could either just remove the pump or set its discharge to something very small to effectively disable the pump.

DObolevics
July 11, 2013, 03:43 AM
If your pump isn't using RTC to start with, setting up an RTC rule isn't necessarily the quickest and easiest solution. If the pump is on an offline storage (ie won't be expected to pump during model initialisation) you could either just remove the pump or set its discharge to something very small to effectively disable the pump.

Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I need to use an RTC file for my solution anyway, so I just amended it and set up the rule that pump does not go on. It seems to work.

Thanks.