PDA

View Full Version : Creating a 2D zone

infoworks_amateur
May 30, 2017, 05:13 AM
Hi,

We have recently purchased a 2D license next to our existing 1D license.
I have been given the task to figure out how 2D modelling works in Infoworks, after watching some tutorials i felt i was ready to give it a try. After downloading the LIDAR data from www.pdok.nl (http://www.pdok.nl) and transforming it to a .asc file i tried to import this as a ground model, but i keep getting the 'bad allocation' error message.
What does this mean and how can i find a remedy for this?
Thanks in advance!

Grtz,
T

Kristian Ravnkilde
June 4, 2017, 11:49 PM
"Bad allocation" is one of those random messages ICM is good at! It happens on odd occasions, not just DTM-related. It means some sort of memory error has occurred and it can't access the ground model - delete it, go to Tools - options - local folders - delete unused files. Then try again.

Duncan Kitts
June 12, 2017, 12:29 AM
The bad allocation is a memory error. Most likely you have run out of memory loading in the data. If you're using the 32 Bit version of the UI, you'll be limited to approximately 3GB of RAM, regardless of how much is installed on the machine. With the 64 bit UI, you can access as much memory as is available on the machine. If you're not doing so already I would try the 64 Bit version of the UI.