PDA

View Full Version : Statistics Report Consolidation Issue

James Mc
May 24, 2017, 05:37 AM
I am experiencing an "unhandled exception" when trying to process a statistical report in ICM v5.5.7. (See screenshot below).

IT seems that ICM processes the results correctly and creates a report for each of the sims, but it gets stuck at the "consolidation" phase (not sure what this means exactly?).

I have tried cleaning the working and results directories, and the remote roots directory. Also tried setting the "local" directories to be the same as the "remote directories". I have also tried creating new versions of the stats reports, confirming the selection of assets used in the stats report is valid and using a non-0 integral for the threshold (this is not relevant as I am not interested in the excedence details, however, I am told a 0 threshold can cause issues in this version of ICM).

I cannot upgrade to any later versions of ICM as this is not possible for my client.

In short, I have run out of ideas as to how I can get this stats report working and wondered if I could get any advice here...

Many thanks,

James

Duncan Kitts
June 1, 2017, 04:07 AM
Check the length of your simulation name. There was an issue in version 5.5 and earlier which manifested itself as a software crash when the simulation name was greater than 80 characters.

James Mc
June 1, 2017, 04:10 AM
Check the length of your simulation name. There was an issue in version 5.5 and earlier which manifested itself as a software crash when the simulation name was greater than 80 characters.

Hi Duncan, thanks for your reply. I should be able to check that in the next few days and get back to you.

Tom.Godman
June 2, 2017, 02:09 AM

This still seems to be an issue in version 7.0.1. Does anyone know if this has been resolved in version 7.5?

Duncan Kitts
June 2, 2017, 09:43 AM
This issue prior to v6.0 was that the software would crash, which is undesirable. The error message you see is expected behaviour and would be a trigger to reduce the simulation name to under 80 characters.

asourbeer
June 2, 2017, 02:48 PM
I am getting the same error also when attempting to produce stats reports, except the error occurs as soon as I click "Produce Report."

My simulation name is 23 characters long and I am using version 7.5.

James Mc
June 28, 2017, 03:23 AM
To be honest, changing the length of characters in the name did seem to be part of the solution for me. Thanks for the suggestion!