PDA

View Full Version : Variable Speed Pumps - Adapting to Table of Levels vs. Flow Rate

Simon Ainley
February 20, 2017, 04:25 AM
I've been looking to develop an RTC that control a pump rate based on a table which related levels (mAOD) to a pump rate. Currently, I cant get it to work so some assistance would be much appreciated.

Ta, Si

Kristian Ravnkilde
February 21, 2017, 12:16 AM
Some more details would help ....

Simon Ainley
February 21, 2017, 04:26 AM
Some more details would help ....

Been provided an operational regime, basically a table of peak flows vs. level (mAOD). The pumps should be variable speed (as they will actually operate) and I've been trying to work up the RTC to replicate this regime.

I'm guessing I need a table with the flow vs level specified but I cant relate that to the pump rate... think I'm missing a step or two

Kristian Ravnkilde
February 21, 2017, 04:40 AM
I'm still nor clear what you're trying to do with this RTC. Assuming you're using ICM, the Help has good examples. Search on RTC, you'll see them all. Also look at the Variable Speed Pumps item, it points out some basic requirements. If you can't actually use the variable speed pump definition, try a user defined head/ discharge curve or screw pump.

Kristian Ravnkilde
February 21, 2017, 06:25 AM
You don't HAVE to use a variable speed pump in the model just because that's what will be used in reality.

A.Whitty
March 1, 2017, 02:59 AM
Simon,

If you have sufficient data and it is reliable I would simply find the relationship between depth recorded in the wetwell and the corresponding pump discharge rate. From that create a head discharge relationship.

Kristian Ravnkilde
March 1, 2017, 03:02 AM
Good suggestion Adam.