PDA

View Full Version : river reaches 3d view

boiermoflea
January 26, 2017, 08:36 AM
Hi, I am trying to view in 3d a river reach ( in ICM 7.5) and the problem is that it looks that the river bed ( river channel) has a shape not fitted for allowing flow to go through. When I don't tick the options show river reach and show 2d zone elements the river bed looks better. I have attached images with this. Should I take out the river reach and just go with the 2d mesh for this small watercourse? To complicate things, when I'm doing a long section through this river reach things again look better. So how much should we trust in this case the 3d view?

Kristian Ravnkilde
January 30, 2017, 04:23 AM
It's a display problem rather than a modelling problem. Your cross section looks OK. You will probably find that if you clear the ground model from the network, your 3D view will look like what's actually in the model. I think 3D views are poorly implemented in the software.

boiermoflea
January 30, 2017, 05:27 AM
Hello Kristian,

I have decided to take out the river reach in this case and to go with a bit lowered 2D zone that has smaller triangles with a roughness zone on top, (just to simplify the model. :))

Thanks for your response