PDA

View Full Version : Data from Infowater to Infomaster.

DavidCoD
August 18, 2016, 12:12 PM
What data can be used from infowater model into infomaster? If so are there any examples? Where can I find direction on this issue?

Any information and input is greatly appreciated.

David

Patrick Moore
August 19, 2016, 12:19 PM
David,

The best place to start to get detailed information on our products is to contact your regional CSM. I will have your regional CSM for Texas get in contact with you and they can give you a demo of InfoMaster and how you can leverage your InfoWater model for use in InfoMaster.

We also have training classes that you can register for that can help you understand the software better and how best to use it. Your regional CSM can give you details about those as well.

There are also product details and videos on InfoMaster on our Innovyze.com web page found here: http://www.innovyze.com/products/infomaster/ that may be helpful for you.

I have asked one of our team more familiar with InfoMaster to also respond as well.

Patrick Moore

Taylor Barnett
August 19, 2016, 01:36 PM
Hi David,
InfoWater data is fairly easy and straight forward to bring into InfoMaster. The steps below outline the general procedure.

1. Run the InfoWater model and ensure that you are viewing the results for the scenario you want in InfoMaster.
2. Go to InfoWater->Utilities->Database->Join All Layer Tables (This will join all of the current hydraulic outputs to their respective features and feature classes).
3. In the ArcMap Table of Contents, right click on the layer you want results for (e.g. for pressures this would be junctions, for flows and velocities this would be pipes) and pick Data->Export Data.
4. Store these feature classes into a geo-database or a .shp file.
5. Open the InfoMaster model and add these features classes to the Table of Contents.

After adding the data to the InfoMaster TOC, you will be able to access the hydraulic results using the LOF/COF tools. If there is an ID link between the InfoWater and InfoMaster models, you can use the Pipe Inventory function, otherwise you will most likely want to use the Intersection function to spatially join the data.

-Taylor