PDA

View Full Version : 2D Mesh Fail Error

Francoisggggg
August 2, 2016, 08:27 AM
Hi,

I am trying to generating a 2D mesh on my network in the same way as in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FazZPy9wshY

But the status is "Failed" so I can not load the mesh. I have this informations in the mesh log:

Meshing requires a height value to be specified at the following points:
(92681.54, 437611.56), etc...

With many points, these points does not correspond to any nodes or pipe but are in my 2D zone.

So I would like to understand this error

Patrick Moore
August 2, 2016, 10:43 AM
Fran├žois,

It appears you inadvertently posted your forum in the Water Forum instead of the Wastewater forum. The Wastewater forum is where questions regarding InfoWorks ICM are best answered.

I will go ahead and move this thread to the Wastewater forum for you so that users with InfoWorks ICM can best assist you.

Patrick Moore

Kristian Ravnkilde
August 2, 2016, 11:37 PM
It means that there is a gap in the DTM. It does not need to correspond with a node or pipe, just be within the mesh. You have to find that gap and then you have two basic options: use a mesh zone to set a minimum elevation in the area concerned (best option), or adjust the boundary of the mesh to miss the area but only if flows through that area are unimportant.

Francoisggggg
August 3, 2016, 07:03 AM
Thank you for your answer. Indeed, it was just my DTM which was not good and had many gaps, I have just take another and now it is good