PDA

View Full Version : Deleting (lots of) Orphan Nodes

mjermaine
July 26, 2016, 07:59 AM
Hello!

New Infowater user here.

I am building a model from a GIS Database. Due to the way the GIS files are set up, when I import my junctions using the GIS Gateway tool, I will have several hundred orphan nodes. Is there a way to select and delete the orphan nodes en masse using some type of query or command?

The program will provide a list of orphan nodes in the message board using Utilities > Connectivity > Orphan Nodes. However, I'm not seeing a way to select these elements and easily delete them.

The only other option I believe I have is to delete them manually in the original GIS files or in Infowater, which will take some time.

Thank you!

Patrick Moore
July 26, 2016, 12:21 PM
Michael,

Thank you for your post to our user forum.

The easiest way to delete a group of elements is to put all the elements you wish to delete into the domain and to use the "Delete Domain" button. You can select orphan nodes to add to the domain by using a special query in the domain manager. Once the domain includes only the elements you wish to delete, you simply select the Delete domain button and the software will delete all elements in the domain after you confirm the warning message that asks if you are sure you wish to delete the domain.

Example image with icons and notes
(click if need larger image)

Hello!

New Infowater user here.

I am building a model from a GIS Database. Due to the way the GIS files are set up, when I import my junctions using the GIS Gateway tool, I will have several hundred orphan nodes. Is there a way to select and delete the orphan nodes en masse using some type of query or command?

The program will provide a list of orphan nodes in the message board using Utilities > Connectivity > Orphan Nodes. However, I'm not seeing a way to select these elements and easily delete them.

The only other option I believe I have is to delete them manually in the original GIS files or in Infowater, which will take some time.

Thank you!

mjermaine
July 26, 2016, 01:47 PM
Excellent! I think that's exactly what I am looking for.