PDA

View Full Version : Facility Manager in H2OMap Water

Gina_L
May 12, 2016, 04:51 PM
Hi

I am finding that sometimes when I open my H2OMap models the facility manager tools are greyed out (both under the tools drop down menu and the shortcuts on the ribbon). Does anyone know if there a way to fix this?

Thanks

Gina

Patrick Moore
May 13, 2016, 02:07 PM
Gina,

Unfortunately, we are not able to currently duplicate this issue in the latest version of the software.

Can you confirm a couple things that might help us resolve your issue?

1) What version of H2OMAP Water are you currently using

2) Can you upload a screenshot of the Scenario manager on the facility tab for the scenario where this is occurring?
(click for larger image if necessary)

3) Is there any specific tasks you recall that you do when this issue occurs or is the facility manager greyed out at all times when you open certain models?

Thank you.

Patrick Moore

Patrick Moore
May 16, 2016, 12:35 PM
Gina,

Just wanted to follow up, can you also send a screen capture of the facility manager when it is "grayed out"?

Here are three areas we think you may be talking about:
Option 1: The facility Manager toolbar (The Plus, Minus, and X buttons)
Option 2 & 3 are different portions of the Facility manager pop-up window
(click if need larger image)

Could you clarify where the issue is occurring?

I did notice that under certain conditions certain buttons in the Option 3 area can get grayed out when they cannot be applied. But will return to normal when they can be applied. For example when all of the elements are made active the "Reset" and "Inverse" buttons are unavailable. But if only a portion of the system is active, both buttons are normal colored and can be used. It may be possible that this is what you are seeing.

Example - (click for larger image if necessary)

Please let us know your additional information requested in the last two posts, and we should be able to help you further.

Patrick Moore

Patrick Moore
May 17, 2016, 07:57 AM
Gina,

I'm glad we were able to connect via email to confirm a few details. As discussed the program will deactivate the facility manager temporarily when a map display is used as changing active elements when the map display is active would cause issues in the map display. However to adjust the facility set, simply hit the reset display button to clear the map display (looks like an arrow over a palette) and the facility manager will become active again. Then you can reapply any map display you were using previously if necessary.
(click for larger image if necessary)

Please let us know if you have any further questions or comments on this issue.

Patrick Moore