PDA

View Full Version : FEH simulation runs - winter and summer rainfalls have same file names

DanMor
April 17, 2016, 04:41 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to batch export simulations in runs with both summer and winter FEH rainfalls, but these have the same file names so when using the PRN export tool they will overwrite each other. Currently the sims are automatically named using the return period and duration ('M5-240' for example), but could they include the season as well? Otherwise we are required to rename the files manually, which is not ideal when working with batches with many runs.

I'm uploading some some screenshots to help demonstrate my point.

Thank you in advance,

Daniel

Kristian Ravnkilde
April 18, 2016, 12:24 AM
Two choices - rename each after export or export to a separate folder for each. I know of no other way but it would be nice, wouldn't it? A suffix "S" or "W" shouldn't be that hard to code.

DanMor
April 18, 2016, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the tip, I eventually found that workaround as well. It is still not a good thing that it would override the files without a prompt or some sort of renaming. I agree it probably wouldn't take too long to program that feature in a future release, not only it makes it easier to know what run you're using in a batch but also saves time the first time you have to find a hack around, rerun the sims and export them properly.