PDA

View Full Version : InfoWater Water Quantity to Large

Mmajner
February 23, 2016, 09:29 AM
In an attempt to calibrate my model with actual in the field results I noticed that the scenario is producing too much water. I have changed all model parameters to match the actual conditions in the field and it is making around 8 mgd and should be producing 5.4 mgd. Are there any other items than demand that would cause the model to produce more water than necessary.

Patrick Moore
February 23, 2016, 09:36 AM
Martin,

The most typical cause is that the water is getting stored in the water tanks. In rare cases, water could be flowing to a reservoir as well which can not only act as a source but an infinite sink for water as well if the system head is higher than the reservoir head which would cause inflow into the reservoir.

You might want to check flows into your tanks and reservoirs in the output reports to see if that is the cause.

If you look at the run report the Total supplied is the sum of all flows of the Reservoirs, Total demanded is the sum of all demands at that iteration and flow stored is the sum of all inflows and outflows into system tanks.

Looks like this in the full status report:
0:06:00: Balanced after 2 trials
Total Supplied: 172330.11 gpm
Total Demanded: 103943.13 gpm
Total Stored: 68386.98 gpm

Patrick