PDA

View Full Version : *.IWDB Repository Folder

Diogo_Imagem
January 28, 2016, 09:40 AM
Hey guys,

When I create a new project in InfoWater, the *.IWDB folder is not been saved at my *.MXD folder. It's located in this path: C:\ProgramData\Innovyze\Temp\IW10VDB\IWVDB6\Map\Ma p.mdb

Do you know why this is happening? Normally it creates and saves automatically in the same folder that the *.MXD file when starting a new project.

Is there any config file I can change that?

Thanks in advance!!

Best regards,

Diogo Reis

Patrick Moore
January 28, 2016, 04:15 PM
Diogo,

When you first create a model there may not be an IWDB folder until you first save the model as the initial data is stored in the virtual database.

The model does use a virtual database that saves in the location you list above that includes changes automatically made to the model. Using the virtual database is recommended as it allows you to close the model without saving. If you uncheck this option you may lose this flexibility.

The checkbox which controls the use of the virtual DB is in the InfoWater-> Tools->Project Preferences window in the Operation Settings Tab:
(click for larger image if necessary)

We recommend using the virtual DB and you will see the IWDB folder in the same directory as the .mxd file once you first save the model.

Please let us know if you have any further questions regarding this issue.

Patrick Moore

Diogo_Imagem
January 29, 2016, 03:11 AM
That's great!

Thanks for your help Patrick!

Best regards,

Diogo Reis